Mobile Deposit makes it easy to deposit checks on the go. Use your smartphone or mobile device camera to send an image of your check, and the money goes right into your account.*
Mobile Deposit Step By Step
- Endorse your check and write “For BECU Mobile Deposit Only” near your signature
- Open the BECU mobile app and sign in.
- Select Deposits.
- Select Deposit Check.
- Enter Amount.
- Select account you wish check deposited into.
- Take picture of front of check.
- Take picture of check's back.
- Review deposit info and slide to submit.
Video: How To Make a Mobile Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
- Endorse your check by signing the back in blue or black ink and writing “for BECU mobile deposit only” near your signature
- Use a dark backdrop when photographing your check
- Smooth out check so that it lies flat
- Have both parties endorse (sign the back) if the check it is made out to two payees
- Know that some checks don't work with Mobile Deposit, e.g., checks with a cluttered design and occasionally unemployment insurance checks and money orders
- Hold the phone directly above the check
- Do not come from an angle
- Hold the phone as steady as possible
- Keep the default flash on for better lighting
- Turn off auto-capture if it's not working: use manual capture
- Verify the entire check is visible and that the text is clear
- Mobile check deposits take a few minutes to appear and do not show up immediately
- Send us a message using Messenger if you have issues with a mobile check deposit
- Keep the check for 30 days in case there are issues with your deposit**
- Avoid a duplicate deposit by writing "Deposited” on the back – be sure to also include the date
- Divide a check between multiple accounts by first depositing to checking; then initiate a transfer to any and all accounts. (Do not deposit into savings – fees occur once you exceed six transfers per month from savings accounts)
*Availability of Funds and Processing Time. Items submitted through the Services are subject to the funds availability policy in your Account Agreement booklet applicable to the relevant account. If we receive the image of an Item for deposit before 7 p.m. Pacific Time on a Business Day (as defined in the Account Agreement booklet), we will consider that day the day of the deposit. If we receive the image of an Item for deposit on or after 7 p.m. Pacific Time on a Business Day or on a weekend or a non-Business Day, we will consider the next Business Day as the day of deposit.
**Disposal of Transmitted Items. We will provide confirmation that we have received the image of the Item. Notwithstanding this fact, you agree to safeguard and keep the original Item for thirty days after you have transmitted the Item. After thirty days following the deposit using the Services, you agree to mark the Item as “VOID” or properly dispose of it to ensure that it is not presented for deposit again. You will promptly provide any retained items, or a sufficient copy of the front and back of the Item, to BECU as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process, to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any Item, or for BECU's audit purposes.