Member Assistance Program
As a financial cooperative owned by our members and committed to the credit union philosophy of "people helping people"— especially in times of need, BECU is here to help relieve your financial worries through this difficult situation.
Short Term Loan Modifications
For short term loan modifications on existing BECU loans, including home, auto, boat, rv, credit cards and personal loans,
Requests are processed in order received.
Income Interruption Loan for Members affected by COVID-19
A no-interest (0% APR*) personal loan may be able to assist with paying bills, rent or other financial needs.
- For members who may have lost a job, or are experiencing a loss of income.
- $500 minimum - $1,000 maximum.
- 0% APR interest for up to 12 months.*
- Option to defer 1st payment for 90 days.**
- Limit of one reduced personal loan per member.
How to Apply
- Login to Online Banking
- Select Apply for Credit Cards & Loans in the tab to the right of Account Summary
- Select Personal Loan.
- Hours of operation:
Mon-Fri 7 am - 7 pm, Sat, 9 am - 1 pm
- Due to an extraordinary number of calls, we are seeing wait times in excess of 30 minutes during peak times. Please consider applying online for faster service.
How to Get More Information
Other Loan Options
You may also consider refinancing or applying for a new loan to take advantage of lower interest rates.
If you're a BECU member experiencing a financial hardship, and you'd like more information, please call 800-233-2328 to speak to a representative.
*Financing is subject to BECU membership, credit approval, and other underwriting criteria; not every applicant will qualify. Advertised APR is based on financing of a $1,000 loan with 12 monthly payments of $83.33 at 0% APR.
**No payment for 90 days is optional.