Information on the federal Economic Income Payments (EIP) as part of the second round of coronavirus relief.
Updated Jan. 8, 2021
Details on the second round of stimulus payments are evolving. As we learn more, we will continue to update this page. Most people will get their payments automatically. For the latest information, please visit IRS.gov.
On Monday, Dec. 21, 2020, Congress passed a government spending and COVID-19 relief bill that would give eligible Americans up to $600 in a second stimulus check, Economic Impact Payment 2 (EIP2). Qualifying couples would receive up to $1,200 and $600 for each qualifying dependent. President Trump signed the bill on Dec. 27.
Read more details on the IRS website.
Sign up for BECU Alerts to be notified when a large deposit hits your account.
Protecting Yourself From Fraud
Unfortunately, fraudsters are using the pandemic as a way of taking advantage of people. Stay informed about scams and if you received a physical U.S. Treasury stimulus check, review features on the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury Check Verification website . You can also download a PDF of check security features.
As always, please contact us if you think you've been a target of any scam or fraud attempt.
- Economic Impact Payments Information Center (IRS) to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more.
- Useful links for COVID-19 Information (US. Dept. of Treasury) – Updated page with helpful government links related to both the CARES Act of 2020 and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
- Mobile Deposit - Read step by step instructions or watch a video on how to deposit a check from the BECU Mobile App.
- Stimulus Round 2 - What You Need to Know(BECU Blog post)
- BECU financial educator Stacey Black shares 5 tips for using your stimulus check. (YouTube Video).
- Planning During Financial Uncertainty (BECU Article)
Whether due to COVID-19, job loss, or other unexpected economic events, there are steps you can take to help you through whatever comes your way.
- Greenpath Credit & Debt Counseling
GreenPath's certified experts can help with managing a variety of financial challenges. It's a free service available for BECU members.
- COVID-19 Resource Page
Learn more about what BECU is doing to ensure your safety and continued access to financial funding and resources.