Stimulus Checks 3.0
Information on the latest federal relief payments as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
Updated Mar. 13, 2021
More Stimulus payments are coming soon, but unlike previous rounds of relief, this one is more focused on lower-income earners. Qualifying for an earlier round of Stimulus payments does not guarantee a stimulus check from this round. For the most updated guidelines, please visit IRS.gov.
On Thursday, March 11, President Biden signed the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 into law.1 This third COVID-stimulus package includes up to $1,400 for eligible individuals, $2,800 for couples and $1,400 for each dependent.2 Income criteria for this third round of stimulus payments has changed.
Sign up for BECU Alerts to be notified when a large deposit hits your account.
Protecting Yourself From Fraud
Unfortunately, fraudsters are using the pandemic as a way of taking advantage of people. Stay informed about scams and if you received a physical U.S. Treasury stimulus check, review features with a U.S Treasury PDF of check security features.
As always, please contact us if you think you've been a target of any scam or fraud attempt.
- IRS Fact Sheet about Third Round of Stimulus Checks (IRS) Get answers to your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, and what to expect with the third round of stimulus payments.
- Economic Impact Payments Information Center (IRS) Review various links related to all rounds of stimulus payments.
- Useful links for COVID-19 Information (US. Dept. of Treasury) – Government links related to both the CARES Act of 2020 and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
- Mobile Deposit (BECU) - Read step by step instructions or watch a video on how to deposit a check from the BECU Mobile App.
- Financial Relief - Payment relief, loans and other resources designed to help members facing financial hardship.
- Greenpath Credit & Debt Counseling - GreenPath's certified experts can help with managing a variety of financial challenges. It's a free service available for BECU members.
- COVID-19 Resource Page
Learn more about what BECU is doing to ensure your safety and continued access to financial funding and resources.