Vote: BECU Board of Directors 2022
Your vote will help determine the next Board of Directors and Audit Committee in 2022. Vote between Monday, April 11 and Monday, April 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
As an eligible member and stakeholder in the future of BECU, you enjoy a range of benefits and privileges, including the right to vote annually for our Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
This year's candidates have been vetted and nominated by the BECU Nominating Committee. You can read more about that process below and here.
We're inviting you to vote because your voice counts. Help us shape the future of BECU by submitting your vote no later than Monday April 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
How to Vote
Voting takes place in advance (online or by telephone) and the results will be announced at the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, April 27.
Place Your Vote:
- VOTE ONLINE at becu.cuballot.com. Please note BECU's online voting is conducted via a secured website, run by CU Ballot.
- VOTE BY PHONE. Call CU Ballot at 888-325-7654 and place your vote over the phone.
Voting will start on Monday, April 11, 2022. The deadline for CU Ballot to receive all votes is Monday, April 18, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. PT.
Eligibility to Vote
Each member is allowed only one vote, regardless of the number of accounts. To be eligible to vote, members must meet the following criteria:
- Joined BECU on or before February 1, 2022.
- Be 18 years of age as of February 1, 2022.
- Currently a member in good standing.
- Business members are eligible to cast one vote under the following allowance: A membership that is an entity other than a natural person (e.g., partnership, LLC, or corporation) is eligible to one vote which must be cast through a duly authorized agent of the entity, as determined in good faith by credit union.
Key Responsibilities of the BECU Board of Directors and Audit Committee
The Board of Directors is responsible for, among other things:
- Managing the business and affairs of BECU.
- Hiring and evaluating the President/CEO and determining his or her compensation.
- Reviewing and approving BECU's policies.
- Approving BECU's annual operating budget.
- Reviewing the Audit Committee's annual report.
- Reviewing and approving long-term strategic objectives.
- Monitoring operations for compliance with the law, BECU's bylaws, BECU's policies, and principles of safety and soundness.
The Audit Committee is responsible for, among other things:
- Keeping informed of BECU's financial condition.
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of BECU's internal controls, including:
- Adequate control environment and governance compliance.
- Compliance with applicable law.
- Operational efficiency and effectiveness of controls.
- Reviewing and approving the annual audit plan and all major changes to the plan.
- Reviewing internal audit's performance relative to its plan.
- Approving decisions regarding the appointment, replacement, or dismissal of the chief audit executive.
- Reporting to members at the Annual Membership Meeting.
How Candidates Are Nominated and Vetted
Candidates interested in being considered for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee submit résumés and letters of interest to the BECU Nominating Committee. After an initial screening of resumes, interviews are then conducted, and candidates are nominated by the BECU Nominating Committee.
Nominated candidates are elected by our members like you.
Please email email@example.com