Protecting Members and Employees During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Please refer to our updated COVID-19 page at: https://www.becu.org/covid-19
Please refer to our updated COVID-19 Awareness page for information on safety measures, location closures, financial assistance resources and more.
Please know the safety and financial well-being of our members and employees is of utmost importance to us. BECU is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation with information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health officials. We are evaluating and adapting operations on a daily basis and will continue to provide updates through this page.
Financial Relief Solutions
We are here to help relieve the stress of financial relief through the worries. We have solutions to work with members facing financial challenges as a result of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
COVID-19 Stimulus Checks
Get up to date information and read FAQs about COVID-19 stimulus checks (economic impact payments).
Assistance for Business Members
Business Members may be eligible for financial assistance through the CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
As a precautionary measure, some locations have closed and operation hours at others are reduced. Protecting the community and our team members however we can is critical.
Using Our Digital Services
Our Online and Mobile Banking services give you free, secure, 24-hour access to your accounts, and you can use them anywhere.
In Online Banking, you can:
- View your account numbers, transactions, and balances
- Pay personal and business bills
- Deposit checks, transfer funds, open new accounts, apply for loans, set up account alerts, and receive eStatements
- Manage your debit card
To see all of the convenient services available to you in Online Banking, click on the "Account Services" tab after logging in.
In Mobile Banking, you can:
- Transfer funds
- Deposit checks using manual or auto capture
- Pay your bills
BECU Investment Services
The LPL Financial Research blog is a good source of information for credit union members with investment accounts who want to stay informed of the current economic and investment news.
BECU Trust Services
For members with accounts at BECU Trust Services, read this message from Members Trust Company.
- Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19 from the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI)
- COVID-19 Resources for Washington Small Businesses from DFI
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources from the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA)
- Disaster assistance information for businesses and homeowners from the SBA
- For workers and businesses affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the Washington State Employment Security Department
- COVID-19 resource list for impacted Washington businesses and workers from the Washington State Governor's office
We are following recommended precautions to protect our members and employees, including increased disinfecting efforts in high-touch areas inside our facilities. We want to assure you that BECU is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines (see below) to appropriately respond to this potential public health threat. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often. This is especially important after using an ATM and handling cash.
This page is the best place to find the most current information related to BECU actions in the coming weeks and months, including any changes or service interruptions that affect members. Our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages will also provide timely and ongoing updates.
If you have any questions specifically about your accounts, you can send us a secure message using Messenger in Online or Mobile Banking, or give us a call at 800-233-2328. Our contact center is maintaining regular business hours (M-F 7 am-7 pm, Sat. 9 am-1 pm). We may periodically experience a high volume of calls and we appreciate your patience during this time.
For more information about the coronavirus and the full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.