Business IOLTA Checking
Checking Accounts for Attorneys
We offer business IOLTA checking accounts that meet Washington state IOLTA requirements. Any interest earned on these accounts is forwarded by BECU to the Legal Foundation of Washington.
IOLTA Account Features
- No account fees
- No minimum balance required1
- Easy access using Online Banking or the BECU mobile app
- Quick deposit with a business deposit-only ATM card
- Account statements provided for record of deposits, disbursements, and interest remitted to IOLTA
- Interest earned on deposit balances2
Add an IOLTA as part of your business relationship with BECU today.
IOLTA stands for Interest on Lawyer's Trust Accounts and Interest on LLLT's Trust Accounts. An IOLTA account is an interest-bearing trust account, for deposit of client funds, with the interest paid to the Legal Foundation of Washington.
Interest on an IOLTA account is payable to the Legal Foundation of Washington, a nonprofit organization. The foundation distributes the funds it receives to civil legal aid programs in Washington state.
1A Business Member Share Savings account is required to establish membership and not all will qualify.
2Any interest earned on IOLTA accounts is automatically forwarded by BECU to the Legal Foundation of Washington, a local non-profit that distributes funds to civil legal aid programs in WA state.